• Taught Chinese Herbs, Acupuncture and Tuina by his father Richard has more than 40 years clinical experience
• National Diploma of Acupuncture NZCCM
• Certificate of Tertiary Teaching (AUT), National Certificate of Adult Education and Training ( NZQA) and further training in Moderation (AUT)
• 13 years teaching experience in Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture in New Zealand specialising in teaching classical TCM at NZCCM and Wellpark College of Natural Therapies
• Served in many official capacities in the industry including, Academic Official ( 1994-1998) and Vice President (1998-2002) of the New Zealand Federation of Chinese Medical Science Inc. Vice President of the Register of New Zealand TCM Practitioners , Councillor on the Executive of the New Zealand Register of Acupuncturists Inc; and Chair of the Educational Subcommittee Acupuncture Council of NZ.